Our Designer Emil Soriano was recently interviewed by Frank151 as one of Casio’s G’zOne ambassadors. The entire interview below.
Questions & Answers（Emil Soriano answered the questions on behalf of the team.）
1. Supposedly the work you do requires “TOUGHNESS” in many aspects, but what sort of toughness is especially required mentally/physically?
The mental toughness required is having the drive, focus, and creative know how in executing any project.The physical toughness is having the ability to perform at a high level, season in season out. If you lose track of the goal, you lose track of yourself.
2. What was your toughest moment so far?
My toughest moment so far has been being able to adjust to the growth of our company. Moving from one address to another has been a challenge, but we have been able to pull thru and continue to stay on course.
3. What motivates you to challenge further?
What motivates me to go further is my family. Without their support i would not be where i am today. Staying grounded, level-headed and having an open mind.Always striving to be more creative than my last work.
4. The distinction of G’zOne series is the “toughness” such as waterproof or shockproof function. What do you think of it when you have it in hand?
I think it is compact, it easily fits in your hand with the curved edges.
* the design lends itself to it looking indestructible. I like how i don’t have to worry about dropping it or getting it wet.
5. Concept of G’zOne is “One and Only” for its unique toughness. Do you have something that you think is “One and Only” that you have?
The one and only thing i have that is unique would be not anything materialistic but more of an ability. Being able to create something from nothing.
6. Could you tell us about your plan in near future?
Plan to continue on designing and creating things that inspire me and others.
For the exclusive video go to http://www.casiogzone.com/